Young Israel of West Hartford
High Holiday Info
August 16, 2015
The High Holidays are right around the corner and it's time once again to arrange seating. The preferred way to reserve your seats is to visit http://www.youngisraelwh.org/seats-2015 to fill out the form with the details of your reservation request and provide your payment information. We strongly encourage you to use this method. You can email Judith Hessing via firstname.lastname@example.org with additional information you believe to be relevant.
Alternatively, you may complete the enclosed form and return it with your payment to the shul.
In order to efficiently and fairly arrange holiday seats for this year, please note that the following guidelines are in place:
- Please make sure your shul obligations are paid up through June 30th 2015.
- If you had seats last year, those seats are automatically reserved for you until August 27, 2015.Unless you state otherwise, we will assume you want your seats from last year.
- If you need new or additional seats or want to change your seats please submit your request with payment as early as possible.
- All new or changed seat requests will be queued until August 27th.
- On August 28th, we will open up all unclaimed seats and process requests in the order they were received.
- When booking seats for guests, please supply us with the names of your guests.
- Families bringing young children and grand-children will be expected to pay for baby-sitting services provided by the shul.
- No reservation requests will be processed without full payment for High Holiday seating and payment of past due balances (with the exception of those who have worked out a payment plan).
We look forward to spending a meaningful and joyful Yom Tov together with you at the Young Israel of West Hartford!
Rosh Hashanah Wine Sale
The Young Israel of West Hartford is once again partnering with Maximum Beverage for a holiday wine sale. Click here to buy your wine for the holidays.
Please make sure to have your orders in by September 3!
Welcome R. Tuvia & Miriam Brander
We are pleased to welcome Rabbi Tuvia & Miriam Brander to the YIWH family. We wish them a successful and satisfying future with us. The official start date will be August 24, but you may see them occasionally before then, as they relocate to West Hartford. We will keep you posted. Please see the note below:
As we mourn the destruction of the Temple and years of perilous exile, we are reminded of the importance of our own mikdash me'at (miniature Temple), our synagogue and community. Miriam and I feel blessed to have the opportunity to join the West Hartford community and the Young Israel family. We have been moved by your warmth throughout this process and look forward to continuing to forge those relationships with you. We are excited to partner with you to build upon the wonderful work of Rabbi and Rebbetzin Weinberg. May our experiences together serve to inspire us as individuals and as a community. May we merit to help usher in the final redemption speedily in our days.
Rabbi Tuvia Brander
*While we will not be in West Hartford until August 24, I can be reached by email at TMBrander@gmail.com.